Beta Me’s Ethos & Treatment Areas
For a world where everyone is living their full health potential, where they can enjoy life and all it has to offer full of energy, vitality and happiness. To be a spokesperson for the encouragement and proliferation of health care that adopts an individualised preventative approach. An approach that is proactive and has a powerful impact in reducing the need for reactive treatments and sustaining long lasting health and happiness for young and old.
To assist those who value their own health and the impact their health has on those around them in order to live to their full potential through 1:1 consultations, group education, workshops and individualised health solutions.
Your Beta Me Nutrition practitioner believes not in diet, but in a lifestyle centred around quality nutrition and eating habits
What level of study does a Qualified Nutritionist undertake?
Three years of a Bachelors Degree in Health Science Nutritional Medicine studying subjects that include the following and more:
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Advanced Human Nutrition
- Medicinal Food Science
- Psychology & Counselling
- Sociology of Food
- Clinical Science
- Sports Nutrition
- Dietary Planning Across the Lifespan
- Public Health
- and more…
Additionally, Practical Clinic hours must be completed.
At the completion of studies, a Qualified Nutritionists learning does not stop. To maintain accreditation a Nutritionist must continue to undertake continued professional education called CPE. This is to ensure that your practitioner remains up-to-date with the latest research and continues to expand on their skills.
Areas regularly presented for nutritional treatment include:
- Gastrointestinal/ Digestive complaints (gastro-oesophageal reflux, inflammatory bowel disease, constipation, diarrhoea, irritable bowel disease)
- Intolerances/ Allergies (food, environmental and seasonal related)
- Weight loss/ Weight gain
- Nutritional Deficiencies including anaemia
- Eating Disorders
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)/ High Cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome/ Overweight
- Stress/ fatigue/ anxiety/ PTSD
- Adrenal Health/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Thyroid conditions
- Autoimmune Support/ Multiple Sclerosis/ Coeliac Disease
- Hormonal dysregulation (e.g. PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, low libido, fertility, menopause)
- Functional pathology conducted at additional cost